Welcome to the website ‘Poolse oorlogsgraven’. This website shows an overview of (to us) all known graves of Polish liberators who gave their lives during the Second World War. The aim is to give as many of them as possible a face and provide a background story.
Search the site, discover the stories and contact us if you have any questions or can add something to the stories.
Or use the map to explore:
Why this site?
That Poland was an important part of the Allied forces during World War Two is becoming more and more known in the Netherlands.
This website is a branch of the Dutch portal ‘Polen in Beeld’, a private initiative. The initiators brought together various partners.
From time to time we write blogs on the Polish contribution to World War Two.
- Oberdak, the Polish victim of Woeste Hoeve, remained forgotten for a long time
- One night, two Lancasters shot down over the Netherlands
- After 78 years a name on a headstone: PLT. E Morchonowicz
- All Saints’ Day: Candles at Polish Wargrave
- Access Polish Graves in Oosterbeek improved